Devendra Banhart @ Observatory


Ok, so you cannot take a Pen into the Observatory which makes capturing the setlist for a band I do not know song titles to very difficult--and also may be the lamest rule in rock...



The Set Break and Closing House music was fantastic--I did not get all of it, but here is what I heard








Here are the notes that I took:
Opening band H Hawkwind & Josiah Steinbrick
Full BandYou are through hating youSomething I forget She is weaving congrgation Uptown turn aroundEverylook begins with a disguise Missed oneEnded with as long as you are next to meAs beautiful as you. Mi amor Spanish Esperanto 
Solo The queella lemlunaI never stand my grand. I just stand aroundHey mama wuBebe salsa atIt about the love you hide it is waiting to be outsideReplenish your muscle. Take not secrets back to your grave. Let everyone know. AngelicaWaiting for sued to playI pretend when I look in your head. 
Full Band Get on the dance floorU have never seen good things gomsomwrong. Monologue/who wrote the Dead Sea scrollsI am a walking talking time to be Akon--guard Rloxk--sale hits my templesBaby that is for sure she loves my. Drum jam ?Brand new zoo in ThailandCelebration
EncoreYour a lady
which I will attempt to build a Spotify list from--a lot of the solo stuff was simple fragments of songs screamed out from the audience. The Encore included the entire crowd getting on stage and dancing.




Walk out and drive home were uneventful--I did here a great song on the drive home:



Comments