The Julie Ruin - South Coast Plaza (Official Lyric Video)

Good lord & Holy Hell I completely love this video.


When Lisa and I watched it together her first comment was "That is not South Coast Plaza", to which I thought of course not. It cannot be. It is the world of memory and memory is always slightly off, but this song is completely right on. I mean I had this exact experience with some girl I had meet at CON who was in Band at Mater Dei and lived in a really nice house in Santa Ana--we had a sleep over while her parents were home--I slept alone in her bedroom--a weird raised bed. She came in and kissed me good night. It was very odd. And I have friends who left the OC and will never come back. And I have friends that I meet at South Coast Plaza for Christmas every year. This year no one showed up--not even me...


Such a weird time to stumble upon this song. I was following up on some Kathleen Hanna information that I read in the Amanda Palmer book when I found this track & immediately fell in love.

If the rest of 2015 is like this it is going to be an amazing year.

Comments