Kate Bush - 50 Words for Snow

So Kate Bush is doing very well in the Performance of the Year (Decade?) category, so I decided to go back and give her last record a listen. The fact that she has returned to the stage after 35 years is obviously a huge big deal, but the question to me is does she have anything to really say anymore.


Now, I realize that most of the glory of the current shows have very little to do with what is on this album, I still think it is important to point out that this album is very very good.



It is slow--I mean in terms of pacing and development there is absolutely no rush on this record what so ever--all of Kate's Running up that Hill urgency is completely gone, but the Wuthering Heights inspiration still remans and so what we are left with is an Mature album. I use the term Mature in the latest Elvis Costello sense...There is not a lot here that need to be revisited, studied, or memorized; however, it is very nice that albums like this get made. I think that there is a good time for this album--while reading before bed is likely the most obvious, but it also works well as a slow travel morning--when you are waking up and need to back and be to the airport by 10:00 AM.



Comments